Saturday, May 31, 2008

Budgets

Here's an update of what happened this week. On Wednesday my boss said he had to let me go that day, because there was no money left in the budget for the project I'm on (I'm a contractor for a local gov't agency) until the next fiscal year (July 1st) so Thursday I spend most of the day sending out resume all over this country, thinking I was going to be out of work for awhile so I did what I had to do. Then Thursday late afternoon the contractor agency called and said the gov't agency found money in another budget and that I could go back to work Friday, so I thought, that's kinda weird why didn't they do that before, but ok, I'll have a paycheck coming, cool. Then Friday I get to where I've been working and the manager say's for this month the budget where the money is coming from is actually from the county and I have to go to another location and work there for a month because I'm in their budget until July 1st, but I'm still with the same gov't agency, ok, weird, but whatever. So, Monday I will show up there and see what happens, but in the mean time I've sent a lot resumes and posted my resume on a few job boards so I think I'll keep those active and if a better offer comes through I'll go with that instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home